Today is a FREEBIE and GIVEAWAY kind of day here at teacherific in second grade. My favorite holiday for school projects is Halloween. I absolutely enjoy this time of school year. It is filled with so many activities. I just couldn't wait any longer and thought of an activity using bats. Today I introduced the genre Non-Fiction. I made an anchor chart with my students. We discussed what we thought Non-Fiction books were all about. I then made a bubble (cloud in my case) graphic organizer. I had them picture reading non-fiction books they have already read in their heads. I asked them to try and remember what they noticed about the pictures and texts. I wrote down their observation on the bubble map. I then told them that we were going to read a fun book with the genre of, GUESS??? Yup! Non-Fiction! I had them tell me about things they already knew on bats. I read Bats by Lily Wood. Once we were done with our discussion we created our own bats. You can grab this freebie at my TPT store.
Scroll down to join the giveaway :)
Now onto the best part of this post a GIVEAWAY!
Tony from Classroom Friendly Supplies finally has his famous sharpener in Pink!! PINK!! Oh my! I am so in love with this color. He is giving one lucky winner a sharpener of your color choice! I, of course, would pick the pink one. September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month and October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. He will be donating a $1 for each Precious Pink pencil sharpener he sells to 2 cancer charities. Check out my post about this awesome sharpener here.
You may enter to win up to 5 times. Here is what you would need to do...
- Facebook "Like" Classroom Friendly Supplies click here and comment that you did so.
- "Tweet" or "Pin it" linking Classroom Friendly Supplies and comment below that you did so.
- Follow my blog and leave me a comment that you followed my blog.
- Refer a friend to follow my blog and leave me a comment with their name.
- Follow my TPT Store and leave me a comment that you followed my TPT store.
- NOTE*** Please leave an email address on EACH of your comments so it can be easy for me to contact the winner.
This giveaway will run from September 5-14. On September 14th at midnight, I will use a comment random selector to choose the winner.